Top 10 Best Threat Intelligence Tools Platforms (Pros and Cons). In this article, we will provide a list of the best threat intelligence tools along with their features, pros and cons.
We will talk about tools, which task are set to analyse threats, find fresh data about emerging and existing risks. In addition, they read entities that obtain data about threats from many sources. This data is filtered and analysed to develop information channels that are used by automated security solutions.
Hence, threat intelligence is real information about criminal activity against an organization’s networks, devices, applications, and data.
Well, it includes mechanisms, context, impacts, indicators and practical guidance on emerging or existing threats. Additionally, it enables businesses to better understand past, present and future cyber threats.
We know that many companies have a lot of different problems from hackers, hence special cybersecurity tools were created to protect business.
Shall we get to know some of them? Here is our list of Top 10 Best Threat Intelligence Tools (Pros and Cons).
Top 10 Best Threat Intelligence Tools Platforms
Below is our list of top 10 threat intelligence tools is below:
1. Kaspersky Threat Intelligence
One of the most famous system protection tools is Kaspersky. Basically, it was developed to protect the assets of companies that come from many fields, such as telecommunications, financial services and industrial.
As seen, the system uses different layers of cyber security methods. As such, it combines machine learning, human intelligence and threat intelligence to provide organizations with an efficient and secure work environment. Basically, its users have the ability to effectively detect, predict and respond to cyber threats.
Pros of Kaspersky Threat Intelligence
- Does not display constant distracting notifications, as observed by all the users who specify notifications.
- All users who have mentioned Web Protection point out that it actively blocks phishing and temp sites.
- Offers a simple and well organized user interface.
- Threat Data Feeds to improve detection.
- Keep all endpoints secure with regular updates and scans.
- CyberTrace and Cloud Sandbox.
Cons of Kaspersky Threat Intelligence
- All reviewers rated the speed report, saying it slows down the device’s performance during a full scan.
Anomali is designed to ensure that analysts and those responsible for threats are always informed in front of their opponents. This platform has the largest repository of Artificial intelligence. Also the Anomali’s Threatstream is considered the most mature Threat Intelligence Platform available.
Pros of Anomali
- Provides a highly reliable IOC that can be used to scan logs.
- Help to support our internal content development programs by providing insights on the latest campaigns, threat agents, malware and more.
- Provides an excellent platform to search for security content.
- Also offers a great plugin solution.
Cons of Anomali
- Although integration with SIEM solutions is straightforward. Whenever, there is definitely added value, if SIGMA rule translation and YARA rule generation are provided from within the platform.
- Rigid with customization.
- Room for improvement with the user interface.
- Assigning process for IOCs has to be more robust and transparent.
SolarWinds is NPM monitoring solution. In addition, it enables you to detect, diagnose, and resolve network performance issues. Main goal is to provide tools to manage your infrastructure. Besides, using that platform leads to full monitoring for advanced network devices and hardware health monitoring.
As an IT monitoring system, SolarWinds Orion has privileged access to IT systems for system performance and log data.
Thereafter, it provides network software and engineering toolset with more than 600 widely used network connection troubleshooting tools. Then, also offers automatic network discovery services such as port scanners, port directory changes, IP web browsers and more.
Pros of SolarWinds
- Visibility of past performance issues for server application events/issues.
- There are a lot of options for customization of the dashboard, alerts, and reports.
- Excellent software for network visibility. Lots of feature for managing and monitoring your network.
- The tool is easy to implement and configure, plus you don’t have to wait long to see the results.
- Customizable topology.
- Monitor Azure vNet gateway visibility.
Cons of SolarWinds
- Not all makes and models are supported out of the box, and the certification of your MIBs can be complex and even cumbersome.
- Older versions we’re lacking support for many devices.
- A need for more integration in some of the other tooling and utilizing the APIs of devices.
4. Recorded Future Fusion
Recorded Future Intelligence Platform provides protection against opponents, targets and infrastructure. Not to mention, it gives the possibility of automating as well as analysing and collecting data with human analysis. Explicitly, with Recorded Future tool teams it arms you with threat intelligence assisted by machine learning to lower overall risk.
Following, it provides real time visibility into the vast digital landscape. Certainly, it helps clients to take proactive action for a common goal, such as disrupting opponents who would like to break into your systems. By all means, it ensures the safety of their people, systems and infrastructure.
Pros of Recorded Future Fusion
- Gives you latest threat reports about IP or domain.
- Very high accuracy for identifying malicious domains and IPs.
- The watchlists function is easy to set up and offers monitoring.
- The product/service itself is an independent, open-source, and complete DDW store.
Cons of Recorded Future Fusion
- The solution would benefit from introducing automation.
- Depending on a size of your business, the costs associated with the tool are sometimes not cheap.
- Sometimes the volume of notifications can be [high], adjusting the tool takes time.
- Email reports can show unrelated content.
- Their 3rd party risk reports should be more tailored to individual requirements.
Improve Thread Intelligence with our Active Directory Security & Azure AD
Try us out for Free, Access to all features. – 200+ AD Report templates Available. Easily customise your own AD reports.
Equally important tool is ThreatConnect. Indeed, the platform puts threat intelligence and knowledge into action. Of course, it accelerates every decision and action to maximize impact through improved efficiency and effectiveness, better decision making and strategic collaboration.
Even more, the benefits of this platform are obvious. Your team will go from being reactive to proactive. For example, your team will be much more effective in using insight into risk and will use information and knowledge about given threats.
On balance, it’s modern analytics that uses machine learning, automation as well as case management, and an extensible API it lets you to connect tools into the platform.
Pros of ThreatConnect
- The most valuable features are ease of use and the ability to customize it.
- It’s a solid platform and is stable enough. It is not complicated and is easy to use.
- Conveniently it combines orchestration, automation and response. Which leads to higher efficiency.
Cons of ThreatConncet
- They should make it a little bit easier to generate events and share them with the community.
- Integration is an area that could use some improvement.
- It would be good to have more feeds and more integrated sources for enrichment.
Let’s take a closer look at our next tool Imperva. Equally powerful cybersecurity company focused on protecting cloud networks, APIs, web applications and edge networks for business customers.
Pros of Imperva
- The data gathered is fantastic and presented in a format that is easily readable for auditors.
- For on prem usage our servers have had no issues. The Linux is extremely resilient and we have no problems with the boxes.
- Options available for auditing are outstanding.
- System has very good reliability and tuning options for the agents on the servers.
- Keeps your data accurate and secure even in a less secure environment.
Cons of Imperva
- Navigation of the menus can get confusing pretty quickly. Since there are so many, it is extremely easy to get lost. Almost too many options and data.
- Generally navigation of the menus is not always intuitive and not very obvious that the option you are looking change is located in that menu.
A specially designed solution is the one provided by Bitdefender. For instance, it meets the unique requirements of server load protection and cloud-native application security. For that reason, its main advantage is high performance cloud work load protection (CWS).
Nonetheless, it provides automation thanks to numerous comprehensive integrations. Particularly, it helps to manage environment scale with unified security management across hybrid, multi cloud, Linux, Windows, and container environments.
Pros of Bitdefender
- Value for money – You get what you pay for, no scams with Bitdefender plans and products. For the convenience of their customers, they do not manipulate the prices and keep the prices stable.
- Better firewall protection – Bitdefender Firewall is top notch in terms of performance. Not only that, but it blocks unwanted traffic and also prevents malware from damaging your computer.
- Hardly conflicts with other software – This Bitdefender feature, we found the best. Bitdefender works without interfering with your other programs and helps your system run fast.
Cons of Bitdefender
- Weak security in offline mode – Lack of functionality when the computer is not connected to the Internet. It’s less secure when you’re offline. It stops working and doesn’t warn you about security threats.
- Keep asking to upgrade your plan – This is a very annoying thing, It continually asks you to upgrade your plans.
- Too expensive – We could say that this is Bitdefender’s biggest drawback. BitDefender’s low priced, high rated products vary greatly in functionality.
Overall, another tool that it is incredibly powerful and trusted brands in the cyber security market is undoubtedly Crowdstrike Falcon. Though, it’s state of the art endpoint response and detection capabilities. Undoubtedly, they provide in depth and complete security to every network endpoint in real time.
Pros of CrowdStrike
- Device control capabilities (USB device control) are easy to implement.
- Protection against modern threats.
- Very well managed solution, the complete team is great to work with.
- Elimination of false positives.
Cons of CrowdStrike
- A little clearer definition of what is available to admins in the complete offering would be nice.
- Could be a little more intuitive to set up device groups.
- The UI while very comprehensive is a bit cluttered.
Simultaneously, a cybersecurity platform whose primary goal is to protect data and employees from advanced cybercriminals is Proofpoint. Thus, the main causes and targets are email, mobile devices and social networks.
In detail, these products include advanced threat protection, security awareness training, cloud security. Not forgetting archiving and compliance, information protection, digital threat protection and advanced security services.
Pros of Proofpoint
- The upgrade process is running very good without major issues.
- Is highly sophisticated, providing extremely granular features for email management.
- Provides minimal effort to graft into any organization’s email flow.
- Thoroughly check each email for suspicious content.
Cons of Proofpoint
- The reporting system is very simple and needs improvement for business cases and investigation of incidents.
- The log viewer section needs improvement regarding handling.
- Support site could be overhauled to provide a more logical flow.
- Could offer more frequent training opportunities to customers at all levels of expertise.
The name Authentic8 was founded by the directors of Postini, which was acquired by Google in 2007. In fact, Authentic8 brings to light solutions that take advantage of the advantages of a dispersed workforce, resulting in the highest possible levels of security and IT management.
Generally, its flagship product, Silo, is a secure cloud based browser. Undoubtedly, Silo creates a seamless isolation layer between the user and the web. In sum, isolating all web code in a closed environment while providing an encrypted view of the browser session.
Whereas, it also helps manage login credentials, device access control, data usage policies, secure storage, referral, and more. In the meantime, the browser repositories are recreated at the beginning of the session and destroyed at the end of the session. In summary, ensuring that users remain safe, compliant and anonymous online.
Pros of Authentic8
- Silo is a true cloud service that leverages the expected capacity, performance and resiliency of the cloud.
- It seems incredible to me that you have web code stored on servers within a cloud.
Cons of Authentic8
- We have not found any problem with it.
Thank you for reading Top 10 Best Threat Intelligence Tools Platforms. We shall conclude.
Top 10 Best Threat Intelligence Tools and Platforms Conclusion
Summing up, the tools discussed in this article allow teams to gain actionable insights into learning about best Threat Intelligence Tools.. Next generation cyber threat intelligence tools like these are essential to improving business resilience and defending against external (and also internal) attacks.
Familiarize yourself with each of the above mentioned tools and choose the one that is most suitable for your business.